Lygodactylus Williamsi (Electric Blue Gecko)

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by mystah, Mar 10, 2014.

1. mystah

mystah Legendary Member

Thinking about acquiring some in the future

Just wondering who has them and if they care to share there experiences?
    How do the house them?
    Mix with darts?
    Food you are using?

Thanks for sharing

2. Brandon B

Brandon B Contributing Member

Hey Jeff, i have kept a male for two years now. He is by himself in a 12x12x18 exo, with a 5.0 UVB bulb and a small heat lamp( At this moment, i can’t remember that exact temps or humidity levels, research will easily answer this ;))
    As far as food, i feed 1-2 week crickets, hydei FF, and there is a repashy powder mix. You just mix it with water and it makes a fruit &vitamin mix that my gecko really likes.

Sorry i can’t be a lot of help, but there is a lot of good info on them now. I really like them though, beautiful colors and lightning fast.

If you have any more questions just ask.

3. dawndj

dawndj Contributing Member

I love L. Williamsi. Awesome little geckos. I have successfully bred them and have successfully kept them with PDFs. I recommend a mixture of food including rapashy and small insects. UV light is needed for these little guys. I wouldn't keep them in anything smaller than an 18" cube.

Dawn

4. mystah

mystah Legendary Member

Cool...maybe I will get my set ups going and than decide what I need to do to make the viv habitable for one of these beauty's!

5. Hiller

Hiller Member

I have a breeding pair and currently have 3 eggs and one baby that hatched today. They are great and active. I feed the adults repashy day gecko mix and the babies the mix and fruit flies. Some won't eat the mix and the flies kick in their natural instincts. I unfortunately have not had a lot of luck with the babies however it's still new to me and I am determined. The adults are much more resilient and I have had no problem with them at all.

6. vrausse

vrausse Member

Hey do you have any for sale? What's the price? And would prefer adults.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

7. dawndj

I do not currently have any for sale unfortunately. When I do i sell them for $80.00 ea. Mostly as young geckos because they sell too fast to hold on to.

Dawn

8. vrausse

vrausse Member

Do you have wait lists

9. dawndj

No we dont.

Dawn

10. vrausse

vrausse Member

Ok I will keep checking back thank you

11. pete arrows

pete arrows Contributing Member

Hi,
    I have several babies right now, it will be a few weeks before they are big enough to sell.
    I keep them with other geckos, darts, mantellas. This is my second time around breeding
    them. I had two pairs years ago and sold them after I raised 16 babies from them with 100%
    success rate from egg to adult.
    I am in Richmond, so close to you.
    Peter

12. vrausse

vrausse Member

Awesome, how much do you sell them for? My email is vrausse@gmail.com.
    Got loads of questions.

13. mystah

mystah Legendary Member

It would be nice if any questions that could be useful to others who thinking about picking up some of these beauties could be posted and answered in this thread...Hope I am not asking to much...just looking to share info

14. vrausse

vrausse Member

Yup that is good to. I feed my crested gecko Clark's diet or raphashy, but I also treat him to fresh pureed fruit aswell. How would these little guys do with treats like that. What insects do you feed other then ff and small crickets, would they forage for springtails? What type of uvb light? I have a 5 on my dragon.

15. FwoGiZ

FwoGiZ Contributing Member

Pete, Dawn
    Do you think they'd do well with terribs?

16. Lance

Lance Legendary Member

Ohh I think the Terribs would make the geckos a snack, you should know Terribs are nothing but endless bellies and will eat anything that moves.

17. FwoGiZ

FwoGiZ Contributing Member

Anyone else think that?

I've had terribs for 4-5 years, and have 9 of them now and I can't conceive they'd eat an adult electric blue... I'd actually be scared to go with a bigger gecko cause they might try and eat the frog (maybe not because of colors?)

The way I see it is; if a terribs try a bite at a gecko, gecko will run away unharmed and be like "You mean frog.. I'll stay away from now on..."
    while if a gecko try a bite at a frog, even if it won't be able to eat it weither too big or poison, methinks the frog will be hurt quite bad...

Cause I mean, terribs are voracious for a poison frog, but I think geckos are more voracious, more of a threat to the frog, if they will even go for the frog which I don't know yet cause I have never mixed em.
    Gold dust day gecko, think they'd eat a terribs?

18. dawndj

I know little of the teribs being from Alberta. But I do know Williamsi. I think it should be a good match. As far as I know teribs are quite terrestrial and Williamsi are arboreal. Little conflict there. The gecko's are also very fast and would likely never give the frogs a chance to get close. Only thing I have to really recommend is that you provide the gecko's with unfiltered UVB light,very important.

Dawn

19. mystah

mystah Legendary Member

Can you get a low profile UVB light?

20. H2-0

H2-0 Moderator Staff Member

This is just my personal opinion but I wouldn't mix Lygos and Darts. Although similar at first glance they do require different condition. I feel if you were to make a setup that would "suit both" you would be meeting in the middle and not providing each animal with exactly what it wants. I find it hard to imagine that one, if not both sides would be stressed about being in that close proximity.

If your tank is very large and tall is might be easier as there will be more micro climates but in either case it might be better to keep them apart. If you do decide on keeping them together is would be wise to keep them individually at first and have the experience before mixing the two.

Once again this is just my personal opinion.

mystah likes this.

Social Sharing